Based upon the philosophy that all children are unique and have their own strengths, individualized treatment programs incorporate a multi-sensory, strengths-based approach to intervention every step of the way in order to facilitate both confidence and success. Comprehensive approaches include individualized home programs to help empower children and their parents to employ newly learned skills outside the clinic setting.
Our engaging, compassionate, and highly trained team of therapists are privileged to work with children of all ages who exhibit the following:
- articulation & phonological processing disorders
- orofacial myofunctional disorders
- swallowing disorders
- voice & fluency disorders (i.e., stuttering)
- language & auditory processing disorders
- receptive and expressive language delays
- word retrieval difficulties
- developmental delays
- cognitive communication and executive skills dysfunction
- play-based language skill delays
- social language skills deficits
As speech-language pathologists, we are also uniquely trained to work on areas such as pre-literacy development, implementation and adaption of augmentative & alternative communication systems, verbal reasoning, listening and auditory attention, and thought organization essential for speaking and writing.
May is Better Hearing & Speech Month
Minds in Motion is grateful for the opportunity to be actively involved in our community of families of children with special needs. We continually participate and advocate for collaborative services with other professionals and direct families to vital resources and supportive services whenever possible. Our facility is a sought after place for volunteers in training seeking to learn more about the profession along the way to more formal training. This Fall we will be helping in the fundraising efforts for L.A. Diaper Drive; a non-profit organization in our community that provides diapers and parenting classes to low-income families.
Amongst the variety of resources we provide to the community, we also offer the following:
- community awareness services
- preschool speech and language screenings
- in-service trainings for local schools and parent groups
PEDIATRIC SPEECH-LANGUAGE THERAPY CLINIC - Santa Monica,